Wednesday, 20 February 2013
Thing 11
Facebook this time. I did once have a account but the whole choice whether to friend/unfriend (I may be using outdated terminology) was a little awkward sometimes and this, amongst other things, led me to quickly abandon it and I live quite happily without it.
I have no desire to return to the fold so went for Activity 2 and, alongside that of the UoS had a look at the Facebook pages for LSE and University of Warwick and my main observation is that there doesn't seem to be too much of a difference between them all. I'm not convinced about the need for Facebook in Libraries and that there are better ways of communicating with students who prefer to put it to more social and frivolous purposes. I notice that in all 3 sites there's very few library-related external posts, just people advertising their clubs, or trying to recruit for jobs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment